Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we may automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and
COLLECTION means the act of gathering, acquiring, recording, or obtaining personal information from any source, including third parties, by any means.
CONSENT means voluntary agreement with the collection, use and disclosure of personal information for defined purposes. Consent can be either express or implied and can be provided directly by the user or by an authorized representative. Express consent can be given orally, electronically or in writing. Implied consent is consent that can reasonably be inferred from a user’s action or inaction.
USER means an individual who uses the Service provided by Cookie Casa, including anyone who accesses or visits the Sites.
DISCLOSURE means making personal information available to a third party.
PERSONAL INFORMATION means information about an identifiable individual but not aggregated information that cannot be associated with a specific individual. For a registered user, such information may include (but is not limited to) billing information, account information, billing records, and any recorded complaints.
REGISTERED USER means an individual who has created and registered an account with the Service.
THIRD PARTY means an individual other than the user, or the user’s agent, or an organization outside Cookie Casa.
USE means the treatment, handling and management of personal information by and within Cookie Casa.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION
Cookie Casa collects your personal information for the following purposes:
- if you are a registered user, to establish and maintain your Service account;
- to provide the ongoing products, services or information that you request;
- to verify your identity if you submit comments, product reviews or other content to the Service;
- to process purchases, provide invoices and to ship products;
- to assist you in tracking your order;
- to provide customer support to assist you with your questions or complaints;
- to collect amounts owing to Cookie Casa;
- to manage and develop the business and operations of Cookie Casa, including to analyze where our users are located, to determine the systems or devices for which we should optimize our system, and to troubleshoot network and system problems;
- to improve users’ experience of the Service, including to customize website settings;
- to detect and protect against fraud and error;
- to track and analyze your purchases and preferences to better understand your product and service needs and eligibility for discounts;
- to guide us in selecting new products to be offered through the Service;
- to promote existing products by posting the testimonials that you submit, if any; and
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
Cookie Casa may collect any or all of the following personal information if the information is reasonably required to provide the services accessed or requested by you:
- information that you provide when you become a registered user or otherwise complete forms on the Service, such as your name, email and postal address, telephone number, sex, and country of residence, including if you subscribe to our newsletter or product updates, upload or submit any material through the Service, or request any information;
- your log-in and password details in connection with your Service account, including your username;
- information that you provide when you make a transaction, including products purchased, method of payment, amount paid, and credit or debit card number;
- information about your personal preferences, including product wish lists, and marketing consents;
- your correspondence with Cookie Casa employees, including any questions, concerns or comments you may have about the Service or problems that you report;
- comments and other content that you may post to the Service; and
- details of your requests made through the Service;
Cookie Casa may use your personal information as is reasonably required to:
- verify your identity when you sign into your account or contact our customer service department;
- verify your credit card/financial information;
- provide you with the products and services that you have requested, including to process and ship your purchases;
- administer your Service account;
- respond to questions, comments, requests or complaints that you submit to Casa de Pastel;
- analyze use of the Sites to improve the Service;
- send weekly sales emails, news emails, regular mail and/or flash sale bulletins that you have consented to receive from Cookie Casa;
- send prizes and/or gifts that you have qualified to receive;
- provide Service-related announcements or notifications to you; and
- fulfill a purpose that we disclose to you when we request your
Cookie Casa may disclose your personal information to:
- a third-party payment processing company;
- third-party companies that provide Cookie Casa with email services, feedback survey services, and information validation services;
- an agent used by Cookie Casa to collect an outstanding account;
- a person who, in the reasonable judgment of Cookie Casa, is seeking the information as your agent; and
- a third party or parties, where you consent to such disclosure or the disclosure is required by law.
Cookie Casa does not have control over, and is not responsible for, personal information that users voluntarily disclose about themselves to the public via the Service, nor for personal information that a user may disclose about another user via the Service. Please exercise caution before disclosing personal information about yourself to other users through the Service.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Cookie Casa is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Cookie Casa uses appropriate security measures to protect personal information against risks such as loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, modification or destruction regardless of the format in which it is held. The methods of protection and safeguards used by Cookie Casa include, but are not limited to, locked filing cabinets, need-to-know access and technological measures, including the use of passwords, encryption and firewalls. While Casa de Pastel cannot guarantee that risks such as loss, theft, unauthorized access or disclosure of personal information will not occur, Cookie Casa will make every effort to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
Cookie Casa takes care in disposing of or destroying personal information to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to the information. Cookie Casa also ensures that its employees with access to personal information are made aware of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of personal information. Finally, Cookie Casa protects personal information disclosed to third parties by contractual agreements stipulating the confidentiality of the information and the purposes for which it is to be used.
Cookie Casa is committed to keeping your personal information as complete, up-to-date, and accurate as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. Cookie Casa will promptly correct or complete any personal information found to be inaccurate or incomplete. Where appropriate, Cookie Casa will transmit amended information to third parties having access to the personal information in question. Upon request, Cookie Casa will provide you with a reasonable opportunity to review the personal information in your file to review its accuracy. Such personal information will be provided within a reasonable time of the request and at a minimal or no cost to you.
Also upon request, Cookie Casa will provide an account of the use and disclosure of your personal information and, where reasonably possible, will state the source of the information. In providing an account of disclosure, Cookie Casa will provide a list of organizations to which it may have disclosed personal information about you when it is not possible to provide an actual list.
You may withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information by Cookie Casa at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. In certain circumstances, your withdrawal of consent will result in the inability of Cookie Casa to continue providing aspects of the Service to you. Please contact Cookie Casa for more information regarding the implications of withdrawing consent.
Non-personal information is information that does not identify you and which we are unable to connect to other information in order to identify you. Cookie Casa may collect any or all of the following non-personal information:
- We may also use additional analytics programs from time to time to process non-personal information about you.
Cookie Casa BV
From time to time, Cookie Casa sends to its customers or other persons commercial electronic messages including surveys, invitations and messages relating to its new products, services, special offers, promotions, contests, and service tips. Cookie Casa endeavors to obtain express consent before sending these messages and, where required by law, includes an option to unsubscribe in the message. Recipients who no longer wish to receive these types of messages from us may unsubscribe from our mailing list. Once a recipient has unsubscribed from our list (a request with which Cookie Casa will comply within 10 business days), Cookie Casa will no longer send commercial electronic messages to the email address that was used by the recipient to unsubscribe. If a recipient has more than one email address, each email address must be unsubscribed from our list. After an unsubscribe request is performed, a recipient may continue to receive other types of email messages from Cookie Casa that do not fall within the definition of “commercial electronic messages”, such as emails that are generated by our Service in connection with shipping product(s) that a recipient has ordered or those that relate to the management of a user’s Cookie Casa account.
Cookie Casa encourages customers or other affected persons to bring forward any complaints about Cookie Casa’s email practices to the attention of Casa de Pastel, using the contact information provided above.